Sunday 27 October 2013

Quotables: Miley Cyrus is Your New Favorite Megalomaniac

"Everything is so chaotic and crazy right now and it’s so much all at once, but I’m living for it. I'm just having the best time ever and everything’s falling into place like it’s supposed to. Even people who want to hate on me, they can’t even shut down the fact that I’m literally what everyone is talking about. I don’t want to say that I’m on top right now – I feel like I’m kind of an underdog in a cool way. It’s almost punk rock to like me because it’s not the right thing to do. Like, society wants to shut me down."

--Miley Cyrus on what Miley Cyrus thinks of Miley Cyrus, and yup. There it is: delusions of grandeur for days. See, where Miley's mistaken, though, is that no -- society does not want to shut her down, because she's making money for society. Love her or hate her, she's doing herself (and the rest of us) a favor by feeding into the frenzy of "OMG WHATEVER WILL MILEY CYRUS DO NEXT Y'ALL" and it's working. 


The bit about it being "punk rock" to like Miley because it's "not the right thing to do," though? Oh, FFS, come on. The only thing worse than that is the part where she says this, and I didn't even include it up top, because it's something you need to mentally prepare for -- because it's bad

"I think everyone would have given anything to be me at that [VMA performance] moment, because I was being one hundred percent true to myself…and not many people can say that."
And if you can take that without wincing (or worse, retching), then here's this very last thing, where she brings God himself into it: 

"God wants my life to be about being successful and being happy and blessing other people and being blessed.”

And twerking, too, Miley? God wants you to bless people by twerking? Good luck with that one, girl. 


Read more: http://www.fishwrapper.com/post/2013/10/27/miley-cyrus-cosmopolitan-magazine-delusional-society/#ixzz2ixmBkxzR

No comments:

Post a Comment